A Rustic Christmas Porch

Well my friends, today is day two of our ‘Creating Christmas’ party.
 
  I saw so many wonderful ‘White Christmas’ links over at Shabby Story that I am just dying to go visit.  Hopefully I’ll have some time tonight.  And Lynn's home will just take your breath away, simply gorgeous!  By the way, the link stays open till the 19th so you still have time to join the party.
 
Creating Christas Image_thumb[8]
 
The party is continuing over at Thoughts from Alice.  Believe me, you won't want to miss it!
 
Today we are getting into something that I hold near and dear to my heart. . .rust.  lol!
 
Seriously, it makes my heart jump for joy.  Both rust and rustic.  What’s the difference you say?  Rust is just self explanatory.  Rustic to me is anything time worn.  You know chippy paint, dents, dings, things that look like they’ve been around for a while.
 
At the Olson abode you will find plenty of that.  Like this piece of old picket fence.  It’s really falling apart, but I love it!
 
DSC00429
 
And now a little added rust.  A bird that looks like he’s been left out in the rain more often than naught.
 
DSC00430
 
It’s all tucked into an old rustic mining cart.
 
DSC00432
 
A Rustic wheelbarrow.

(normally it would be surrounded by beautiful white snow)
It has felt like Spring here lately.  I am loving it, but we really need the white stuff.  And you must admit, it's awfully pretty!
 
DSC00465
 
With just a dabble of rust on top.
 
DSC00466
 
Ladder and Lanterns
 
A rustic apple ladder with lanterns that have touches of rust.
 
This is my take on a ladder tree.
 
Rustic bells on a smaller chippy ladder.
 
Rustic Christmas
 
My rustic filing cabinet is decked out with rusty stars hanging from branches. . .
 
DSC00445
 
A birch wood snowflake,
 
DSC00446
 
An old tree stand, and the rusty saw I stenciled on last year.
 
A simple wooden star hangs on the door.
 
DSC00468
 
In the corner is an old door and a drop leaf table that once belonged to my husbands grandparents.
 
DSC00460
 
DSC00436
 
DSC00467
 
DSC00441
 
What’s rustic in the day becomes quite magical at night.
 
DSC00469
 
DSC00470
 
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, with a little rust on top!
 
hugs,
Jann
*Just want to say sorry about the word verification in the comments.  I have it turned off, but something weird is going on with blogger.  Hope to get it changed soon!

20 comments

Cranberry Morning said...

I love it! Who would have thought 10 years ago how fond I would become of rusty junk. LOL Great photos!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I love your rustic Christmas, oh so perfect for your front porch!
Your Christmas lights are beautiful, Jann!
Hugs,
Jemma

priscilla said...

Beautiful Jann ! Love it all ! The lanterns are fabulous ! Love that snowy wreath too :)

Pamela Gordon said...

Your front porch looks so nice and has so many great old elements added to it. Also, your lights around the house look really festive. I'm loving the lanterns on the ladder. Pam

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, what a beautiful way you decorated you porch! I love it and it's just pretty and festive. Have a nice day!

Kris said...

Love all of it Jann!!!
XO Kris

Salmagundi said...

The picture of the whole front of your house at night IS magical!!! Sally

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Your home is beautiful and I love your rust!!! Everything does look so magical at night. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home. Hugs, Beverly

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Gorgeous! I have some rusted handmade stars too. xoxo

Rose L said...

You are so good at putting things together to make a scene! Love it!

Shirley Hatfield said...

One of the best porch displays I've seen this season!! You have such a knack for putting things together and imagining the possibilities! Well done!!

angie said...

danke für die tollen bilder!!! liebe grüße von angie

Linda W. said...

Wow! Wonderful decorations! Love the silver wreath.

NanaDiana said...

What a great looking rustic take on Christmas on your porch. I love it and everything has meaning, I know. It is wonderful! xo Diana

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Your decorations are right up my alley Jann. Love the porch, but that's only the beginning! The night is when things truly shine. So pretty!

I heard about the blogger snafu. Must be very frustrating :(.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Jann, your outdoors home is decorated so incredibly - love every one of your special touches!

At night - wow, talk about festive and pretty!!!!

Yes, EVERYONE'S word verification has been turned on again I think - not sure why, but hopefully we can get it fixed back soon. Don't feel alone!

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

so unique and Perfect look of Christmas --
Glad you shared.. you inspired me!

Hugs

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Rustic Christmas porch...it is so pretty!!
~Cindy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Such creative Christmas decorating! I love the lantern ladder! Looks great!

Dana Bishop said...

Jann I don't know how you do it year after year! It's so lovely. I want the orchard ladder and you can throw in the lanterns too :)

Instagram