Share Your Cup #74 and What Will I be?

Hello my friends, happy Fall and welcome to Share Your Cup.  The party where you share the things in life that make you happy.

Thanks to all of you for your support and for filling my cup.  If you are linking for the first time, so happy to have you!  I hope you feel welcome!

Today I am taking dinner into an elderly lady who lives up the street from me.

Bertha Is a young ‘103’, yes I said ‘103 year old that lives in a little white house all by herself.

She is an amazing woman.  She gets me to thinking?  What will I be when I’m 103?

I just wanted to share some of what I have seen when I go there to visit:

Now mind you, I have only lived in the neighborhood for 4 years.  Not an old time Alpiner like a lot of people who visit.  Still, she knows who I am every time I go there.

One time she was writing a letter.  She told me that one of her grandchildren had asked her how she was feeling. She was writing about how thankful she was and asked me to read a bit of it.  I was amazed at how legible her writing was.

Another time she told me that she had been to the Dr. for a check up.  She said, “I don’t know why I had to go, I told him I feel better than I did at 73”.

She has an astonishing memory and loves life.

She always talks of how blessed she is.  Never complains or wishes that the good Lord would take her.

I may not make it to 103, but I sure could learn a lot from this wise woman!

Now let’s jump into features from SYC #74.  I missed partying with you all last week and can’t wait to see what you have to share this week!

Remember, if you want to pin any of the features, please do it from their blog.

Debby from My Favorite Things shared her love for the month of September.

099

Deidre from Simply Simplisticated shared her Fall box that she made from a pallet she picked up alongside the road.

IMG_1162

Bliss Ranch made this ‘Rocker’ dresser for her son for the 2nd time.  Yes, she has already made one once.  I can see a rock star in the future.

Rock & Roll Dresser_7762

Kathy from A Delightsome Life just remodeled her kitchen.  The entire thing is darling.  One of my favorites is the wall paper inside some of the cabinets.  What a fun surprise!

From-Laundry-door-straight

Jeanette from Creating a Life Now made this darling shade to cover an existing light.  You won’t believe what she used!

Dining room light cover

I love custard, so this custard cake shared by Make Mine Lemon was right up my alley!

Magic-Custard-Cake-e1378857283243

Now for the two most visited links:

#1 was Goodwill Finds for the Bath by Country Farm Home.

befunkypm_bluechair

#2 was Book Page Pumpkin by Priscillas,

blogger-image-1727713350

 Thank you everyone, and please grab my button if you were featured.

Stackedcup-1_thumb

Now let’s Party!

A few rules and then let the fun begin! 1. I would love for you to be a follower of Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson.
2. Link up a particular post and not your entire blog. Please limit your links to no more than three.
3. Please have a link back to this post. That way others will know where the party is. Feel free to grab my button on the sidebar if you’d like. Only those with a link back will be featured.
4. Please find time to visit at least two other participants. It’s a great way to find new friends.

After you link up please come back and leave a comment. They help to fill my cup

37 comments

Trisha said...

She sounds like a sweetheart and I can only imagine the things she has seen in her life! Amazing! Thanks for letting me join in this week!

~Trisha

NanaDiana said...

Great features but the best, by far, is the report on your neighbor. She sounds like a dear- xo Diana

Jeannie Marie said...

Oh, what a great neighbor to have! I loved reading about her!

Unknown said...

She sounds adorable! :) Too bad more aren't like her regardless their age! thanks for hosting once again! Always love stopping by for a cup!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Thank you for featuring my shade, Jann! Oh my, that custard cake looks heavenly. I really enjoyed hearing about your sweet neighbor. We could all take a lesson from her! Hope you're having a wonderful week :)

Jeanette

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, thanks for hosting the party and wishing you a wonderful week. By the way I love all the features for this week!
Julie

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Magic Custard Cake. I am just thrilled.


Madonna/aka/ Ms. Lemon
MakeMineLemon

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Wow, imagine to live until you are over 100 - amazing. Your friend seems adorable and sweet :) Thanks for hosting, Jann. Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

priscilla said...

So nice of you to take dinner to your neighbor ! That's amazing she still takes care of herself ! Thanks as always for the party , and how exciting to be a favorite :) Have a great weekend !

Debra@CommonGround said...

thanks so much for having us over, Jann!

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Your friend sounds like an amazing, lady! How fortunate for you to have her as a neighbor:) Thanks for hosting a wonderful party for us each week, Jann! Hugs, Poppy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

How lucky you are to have such a dear neighbor, Jann! Thank you for hosting and sharing such great features.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Pretty features. Thank you so much for hosting dear Mrs. Olson. Hugs,
FABBY

Tarnished Royalty said...

I loved your Bertha story! Just precious! Thanks for sharing it and for hosting this party. Hope your vacation was great! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

must love junk said...

Wow-your neighbor sounds like quite a special lady! So sweet that you visit her and take meals!
Thanks for hosting :)
Susan

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

A life treasure to visit such a sweet centenarian.Thank you for hosting, love joining in.
Joy

Unknown said...

What an amazing neighbor you have! Thanks so much for another wonderful party!! Enjoy the rest of the week. :)

Hugs
Kathy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Jann!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your neighbor sounds like a darling. The older generation can teach us a lot if we're willing to listen. I have an uncle from jolly old England, with a charming accent, and I love listening to his stories. Thanks for hosting and Happy Autumn, Jann! Blessings, Sandi

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing about your neighbor. My mom will celebrate 99 years in October, but unfortunately she isn't as spry as your friend. Just in the past week, she has quickly declined and is now receiving Hospice Care. Wonderful that your friend is so active and alert and living alone at 103.

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Jann...your neighbor sounds like an amazing lady. The minister that married us past away this year at the age of 100.
Wish I could join your party this week, but I'm so busy getting ready for my two upcoming shows that are this Saturday and then the other one next Saturday...so I haven't posted anything new to my blog.
hugs,
Cindy

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

My grandpa died a month before his 99th birthday and was as sharp as a tack until that day! I love elderly people as they are always so grateful for every little blessing, and help me to see this in my own life. Thanks for hosting - enjoy the rest of your week!

Diane said...

I enjoyed your story about your elderly neighbor. I've learned so much from my older relatives and friends. Such sweet fall features and thanks for a lovely party!

Anonymous said...

Your neighbor sounds amazing. Good for her! Thanks for hosting - Dawn

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a wonderful story about your sweet neighbor! :)

Melanie said...

Your neighbor must have some wonderful stories to tell! Wow! 103 years old, that is amazing!

lynne said...

loved reading about your neighbor! these are the people we need to hear more about. they give us hope and help to put our lives in perspective!

ornate splendor said...

What a great story about your sweet neighbor! We all aspire to be just like her! Made me smile today. Thanks for hosting. Catherine

Nancy said...

Jann, I want to be just like Bertha when I grow up. What a fabulous lady. She inspires me to have her attitude starting today. Thank you for sharing her with us. Thanks, too, for hosting. I'm off now to view the oh-so creative features. Have a great day!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thanks for hosting another great party this week Jann! Hugs, Penny

Jen said...

I once asked an elderly friend if she had any regrets... She too was quite old. Her only advice was, "Eat More Junkfood!" -
They teach us the greatest lessons of all, if we listen...
Hope you had a nice trip~
Thanks for hosting another fun party.
Have a Wonderful Weekend~!
(=

Simply Simplisticated said...

Hi Jann, Thanks a million for featuring my Fall Box! You made my day:) Thank you for hosting this party as I entered it again.

The Charm of Home said...

Thank you for hosting!
Sherry

Laura Turner said...

That book page pumpkin is on my "To Do" list this Fall! Love it!

Fran said...

How lucky you are to have such a wonderfully inspiring neighbor and how lucky she is to have you to treasure her! I enjoyed reading about her. Thank you for hosting!
:) --Fran

Anonymous said...

Your neighbor sounds like a gem! I could set and listen to wise souls like her all day. Thanks so much for the visit and for hosting. Have a glorious weekend.

Bliss said...

Ohhhh I love custard too. I'd trade a dresser right now for just a bite of that lemon one. Thank you for the feature, your party rocks!

Instagram