Stop, Drop, and Roll!

Until last Fall I had only been to a couple of estate sales.  Then one day while driving to my hairdressers I spotted a sign that said, “Estate Sale”.  My car quickly did a 360 and I headed back up the hill to where the arrow pointed. 

As I was paying for the goods I noticed a notepad that said, “Sign up to get e-mails for our Estate Sale notifications.  It was like offering candy to a kid!

Ever since then whenever I get an e-mail, which is usually two days previous to the sale; I STOP and figure out a way that I can go.  I DROP any previous plans I might have had.  And yes, I grab a ROLL of dough and head out.  Actually now days dough comes in the form of plastic. lol!

These are my latest estate sale finds:

IMG_6725

A wonderful vintage scale with great patina.

IMG_6727

IMG_6728

I love the color of this lantern, and the red glass is the icing on the cake.

It found a home out on the deck amongst some of my vintage planters.

IMG_6729

This old fertilizer spreader holds red and purple petunias.

IMG_6729

This tray from an old tool box is a great home for my Hens and Chicks.  Love the red color!

IMG_6729

There were two of these chippy yellow chairs hanging from a beam in the upstairs family room.  One of them was broken so I only bought one.  I wasn’t sure what I would do with it, but too cute to pass up.

IMG_6730

Perfect for holding our Olson oil can on the front porch.

IMG_6731

I found a few old dishes.  Two red glasses for $3, pretty floral platter for $2, and Jadite measuring cups for $5.  The two little mini red goblets I picked up at D.I. for $.75 ea. on the way home.  Does anyone know what these minis were used for?

IMG_6722

IMG_6721IMG_6723

Seeing an estate sale sign definitely is like yelling ‘FIRE’!

There I go, Stop, Drop, and Rolling again!

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Funky Junk Interiors for Flowers in Unusual Containers

Her Library Adventures for Flea Market Finds

Coastal Charm for Nifty thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday

Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday

From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

40 comments

allisamazing said...

What great finds! I love the idea of having an e-mail notification of estate sales. Too bad they don't have that here.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds - You did good! Are the small glasses juice glasses?
Google Estatesales.net, click on your state and find sales near you. I bookmarked the list for my area and check it just about every week.
Enjoy your weekend.

Barbara F. said...

Those mini stems are used for cordials like Sambuca or creme de cacao, etc. or other sweet liqueurs. I had loads of them I inherited and gave most away. Kept just a few. Neat idea to receive an email. Wish they did stuff like that here. Yard sales are always a disappointment here. Loads of kiddie toys and Fisher Price and clothes. xo

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

I couldn't exist without my email notifications! I even have one for local garage sales, and you can plan a travel map! How cool is that!!
Yep, as already stated, the minis are liqueur glasses -- they are always so darling, like tiny wine glasses!
Love those measuring cups, and the lantern!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The minis are cordial glasses...I use mine for eggnog...because most people only want a bit of it!
I LOVE LOVE those measuring cups!

Nicole said...

Haha Jan I LOVE the "grab the ROLL of dough" haha made me laugh. And I also LOVE the scale- oh my.. if Had the space and the "dough" I could totally collect old scales. theres just something so sweet and homey about them. Thanks for sharing your cool finds!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh good for you! Love the scale!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! I've never seen Jadite measuring cups! What a fabulous find! I love everything and it's FUN!

NanaDiana said...

Jann- I love all your finds. You did good- really, really good. It is always fun to shop estate sales- xo Diana

Susie said...

Jann, What great treasures you found. Worth the turn around, I'd say. Smiles, Susie

Highpoint Circle said...

Sorry I didn't sign-up to follow you when I linked up. Forgot. Thanks for the follow on my blog too--reminded me to check and make sure my manners were in order!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

You are so funny! Now we have a slogan for bargains! I love your finds.
Hugs,
Courtney

Julie Marie said...

Hi Jann. wow!... what fabulous finds!!! I love the Olson oil can especially!... I am on a list to preview estate sales before the public is notified, and I love it!... soo many wonderful treasures looking for a new home!... I was going to let you know you precious little glasses are cordials, but I see others have already let you know... I have some beautiful really old ones that my family used for the finest Cognac from France... I treasure them (although I don't drink Cognac) I will never part with them... love your yellow chair, and, well... I love it all!... xoxo Julie Marie

Helen and her Daughters said...

I love Estate sales! The lantern is gorgeous and I am loving the jadite measuring cups!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

WOW I love all your goodies... I LOVE your yellow chair. I bought a SET of them(a little different than yours) BUT I LOVE the style!!! I DID take the broken one though. Hubby said he can fix it. SO I have 4...I LOVE those little jadite measuring cups. YOU REALLY found LOTS of treasures!!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Big Hugs,
Donna

Linda said...

Love your description of Stop, Drop and Roll! Great finds for your decorating!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

GREAT treasures!!!!

andrea@townandprairie said...

Very funny...MY roll is a sweet roll accompanied by a to-go cup o' joe!

Anonymous said...

I love it - stop, drop & roll is exactly right!!

camp and cottage living said...

Great metaphor, for sure!
I like the way you re-purposed your
goodies too.

Diane Writes said...

Great finds! And Jann I must say that the pictures are worth for a magazine spread. I love it.

Gina said...

You have found so many treasures! Who would have ever thought that a fertilizer spreader could look so fantastic as a planter? :D

The Farmers Daughter said...

I love estate sales, too! Great finds. . .

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Jann, That is so fun! I would so love to be in an area where estate sales could net such finds for me. I love what you've done with everything too. Such great ideas. And over on your sidebar I see a shopping cart with plants in it. I've been wanting an old shopping cart! You are my kinda girl. Thanks for your encouraging words over at Quirky Vistas. Very sweet!
Liz

Donna Heber said...

Hi Jann,

You sure found some wonderful things at the Estate sale! Love your fertilizer spreader filled with plants - so clever!

Perfectly Printed said...

Love the Jadite measuring cups!!

chris

Art and Sand said...

I have been looking for a vintage clock face- don't know why - just want one. Then I saw your scale and have decided I want a scale like yours. I guess I have to find some estate sales.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Fran said...

Such fabulous finds! I've never been to an estate sale, either, but maybe I should follow your lead. That lantern with the red glass is incredible!

LV said...

All great finds and you are using them in a good way.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Love all your finds, so great!

Happy VTT!

Jocelyn said...

I love your Stop Drop and Roll the theory. It certainly makes sense to me :-)

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

acorn hollow said...

I would say that was a nice days haul. I just found your blog I will be back.
Cathy

Cynthia said...

What great finds, I love that chair it is very different. I saw you on From My Front Porch to Yours.

Cynthia

Cynthia said...

Following you via Linky.

Cynthia

Ann said...

Terrific finds. I'm surprised you got the Jadite for $5. Wouldn't get such a bargain around these parts.

Diann said...

Oh you really did hit the jackpot on such fun finds! I love the "hunt" at estate sales. Thank you for sharing with us at TTF this week! Have a great day.

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely eye candy, Jann!
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Karen G @ It's Still LIfe said...

Love how you used the fertilizer spreader and the tool box for your chicks and hens.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great treasures every one. Love estate sales.

Pamela said...

Jann you really scored! Love the old scale!

Instagram