Treasures and Trinkets Tuesday-Birds of a Feather

Hello my friends,
Every now and then I love to share a few of my
 treasures and trinkets.
 
 
Today a few of my friends and I put some of our trinkets together to create some treasures.
 
So this is a little different treasures and trinkets Tuesday.
 
 



 
 
Last month I suggested to our craft group that we all create a craft with a bird/nest/egg theme and bring supplies for
each of us to make.
 
Everyone seemed to be on board, (or maybe they just didn't dare say, no)  :)
 
Well, life happens and out of 10 of us only 4 ended up participating.
 
S


Shirley has been busy creating for her daughters upcoming wedding.  She didn't feel she had time to put together a bird themed craft so she created those darling mushrooms.
 
We truly are gals that love creating and have so much fun together!
(Birds of a feather that flock together) 
 
Shirley and Margie
 

Kimi and I



Paula and Joanne.  Paula just returned home after serving an 18 month LDS mission with her hubby.  This photo of her and Joanne reconnecting is priceless.


And it didn't stop there. . .too cute!!
 
We are all so happy to have her back!
 

 
Now back to the sweet tweets.
Paula brought mini tart tins, spools, eggs, and vintage birds for us.
 
This one is mine.  I gave it a gilded crown and added a pretty pink flower.
 
 
This one is Margies.  I'm sad that I didn't get a front view.  She really looked like a Vegas performer.






For my craft I had them create the three bird/nest/egg scenes in the punch cups like I have hanging from my kitchen chandelier.


 
Margie's craft was a peat pot that we white washed.  She gave us papers to modge podge to it as well as pretty ribbons, a nest,
and fillers.  We also stamped the word, nest.
 
Kimi gave us a fun box, mushrooms, a sweet bird, ribbons, and flowers as well.  Like us, some birds are party animals and need a party hat.  (wink)
 
 
 
 
I love all of my sweet birds.
 
 
Here's where mine landed for now.  I have this chippy printers cabinet.  I love it, but it's hard to find things to go in it.  I have been going to make some fun things, but it just hasn't happened. 

 
Here's our attempt at a selfie.  We lined up according to our height.  Of course, I was in the front.  UGH!  Hate close ups!
 
 
 
Kimi, Margo, Shirley, Paula, Margie, Joanne, and me
 
Margo and Joanne stopped in for a visit, but didn't craft.
 
hugs,

 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:

19 comments

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a sweet project, Jann, and so fun to do with friends.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
These are all so cute and you are so blessed to have this wonderful group of friends to craft with!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Connie said...

Your little birdies are so cute and aren't they just adorable in their party hats :)
Have a happy day.
Connie :)

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Fun bird and mushroom projects. You have such a great crafting group of friends.

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving all of your cute things. How precious to be with a group of friends such as these ladies. I know you feel blessed. Yes, that picture is priceless. Hugs and blessings to you dear lady.
Cindy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What fun you all have and you get some seriously cute crafts done! I love these birdies for Spring. Those mushrooms are adorable too.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, how cute, and so nice to have all the sweet ladies over for some crafty fun! Love your printer's rack :) x Karen

happyone said...

What a fun project to do with friends. : )

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such pretty creations! It was so nice to "meet" some of your friends

Louca por porcelana said...

Great time with friends!What a cheerful post!

Kathy said...

The next (I really wanted to type nest!) time I come across some punch cups cheaply, I'm gonna scoop them up for some tiny vignettes. What a great idea to hang them especially from a chandelier! I have made them with a cup glued to a saucer, but hanging them sounds great! I recently made some nests with excelsior with a center of Spanish moss, then eggs--simple, fast, and cute. I love birds and your projects just shout spring which I really need (here in Maine we are due for more snow tomorrow!).

Debby Ray said...

What a darling post...girls just wanna have fun...and CRAFT!

cloches and lavender said...

All of these are adorable. I can see what you mean about the Vegas performer look. You are a super lucky to be close to so many blogging girls. Looks like a wonderful time

Cindy

Jeanie said...

These are great fun, Jann. I'm glad you didn't ask us to pick a favorite because I love them all so much, I couldn't possibly!

My thrift store addiction said...

This is just as cute as can be, Jann! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinning!

Kris said...

Hi Jann,
It was a fun visit. I miss blogging! Loved the pics!
xo Kris

Katie Mansfield said...

Cute birdies. How fun. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

dlkgzr said...


Hi, Im a new follower on your blog from gfc ...
I hope you will be back ...
www.dlkgzr.com

Decor To Adore said...

This post is full of such beautiful and inspirational eye candy. I pinned several images.

Instagram