"OWL" Be Darned!

Hello my friends, "OWL" be darned if I didn't do it again!
 
Do what?  You might ask.
 
Start another 'accidental' collection.
And I'm sure you've already guessed that it's an owl collection.
 
 They are impossible to resist when you run across them at a
thrift shop! (at least for me)
Just something about those big eyes!!
 
This was my latest find and he was the reason why I put together an owl themed mantle. Just couldn't bear to put him away.  :)
 
He's actually a wall plaque, but I balanced him on the urn.
 


 

 
 For a few years this silly 'wise' owl was the only one I had.  But then, like many other things around here; they started to multiply.
 
 


 
See those little eyes peeking out from underneath that burlap bow?


 
These cutey hooty shakers were picked up recently at an estate sale.

 
And my friend, Paula (Pollyanna Reinvents) gifted me with the fun measuring spoons.

 
Yes, my friends often contribute to my 'accidental' collection habit.  Just today sweet Shirley (Zettas Aprons)  came by with this
darling creation.
 
 

 
I love it and just had to add it to my mantle display.
 
Just look at that sweet little hooter on top!
 
 
Hoot, Hoot!
(and hugs,)
 
Jann
 

 

 

22 comments

quakerhillfarm said...

Yes, I would say you have started a collection! Owls are my sister's absolute favorite to collect. You have some great ones I would say!

Anonymous said...

I love owls too. I am 60 and have been collecting owls since I was 15. I have tons of them.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh how fun Jann, owls are pretty cute! Your mantel looks great! I really like the plaid pumpkin and the owl scrapbook up there!
Have a great day!
Gina

Julie Hamilton said...

Very cute! I especially like the little guy posing on the stack of books on the far right.

Susie said...

Jann, I love your new collection. :):) LOve the framed photo. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Christine at Little Brags said...

I luv luv luv me some owls!!!!

Art and Sand said...

So cute!


You needed the SheShed to hold all of your collections.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your owls! I tried to let go of some of mine a few years ago but I think some flew back home!!

Rose L said...

You set a nice decor. I think it is part of your joy to decorate and if it makes you happy, it will make others smile!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love all your owls and you have a great collection. they look great on your mantle.

Enjoy your week.

Hugs,
Mary

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

You seem to have quite a collection going. I know how easy it is to get caught up in collecting, even if you don't mean to!

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Jann, I love this post and we love owls! Your mantel is adorable. SO fantastic. Hugs, Beverly

cloches and lavender said...

Hello Jann, loving your owl collection. The wild fury one is my favorite.

Cindy

happyone said...

Yes, that certainly is a collection of owls. They say three or more are a collection.

Creations By Cindy said...

Well look at your sweet owls. And Oh I love the title of the blog! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jan,
Love your sweet owl collection. I too think it is their eyes that grab us.
Hugs,
Kris

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very sweet collection and mantel display. I know what you mean about not being able to resist those eyes! Owls were huge a few years ago and I could hardly keep them in my shop. Now there is not such a demand for them but I don't care. I get to keep what I've still got!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

How cute! I do love owls too and have a few now that I think about it.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Every now and then we will hear an owl hooting in a tree at night and a few times I've seen them flying over head--they have such a large wing span! They really do look imtelligent. I love your collection!

Jeanie said...

Isn't it fun how collections grow? You start with one, pick up another and pretty soon everyone and your brother is giving you an owl! You have a great collection -- must be very, very wise!

Sandi Magle said...

Ha, ha, the little owls make me smile. Thank-goodness they don't hoot all the time. I have a few of the bottle brush type, and they seem to have crept out into the house despite not finding my Fall totes yet. Might because they lingered into the Christmas season and then winter and didn't get put away until the bunnies came out. Grins, I love your collection. Sandi

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

We are alike in one owl leads to another to another until you have a collection. I love your collection and the ways you have used them.

Instagram