Home Grown Decor. . .

Hello my friends, did you know that one of the hottest new trends are the
 #(hashtag) parties on Instagram?
 
Gals get together and host a theme.  Sometimes they change weekly, others are the same and are for a specific day of the week.
 
Our friend, Carol from Art and Sand, along with some other ladies host one called, "Home Grown Décor".


Yesterday I had plans to work in the garden.  Cutting back flowers, edging, and mowing were on the agenda.

I was about to fix me a bowl of cereal, (the breakfast of champions) and then head out to work.

 
I stepped outside for a minute, and oh my gosh; what a gorgeous morning it was!  No dining indoors for me!  I set a small table I have out under the pergola with one of my quilts.
 
 
I made it quite a few years ago and It's still one of my summertime favorites.  It's small size and scalloped edge fit the little round table perfectly!
 
 
Just so happens that I had roses in the garden to match the pretty ones in the quilt.
 
Now of course I'm not going to eat this much cereal, but I also wanted to show off my darling new to me vintage Fire King polka dot bowl.  I purchased it from an Instagram friend.  That's another hot trend as well, selling on Instagram.
 
 
I try to use will power and not buy, but you know me and polka dots.  Let's just say, will power went out the window!!


A bowl full of cereal, a pitcher of milk, what else do I need?

 
Juice and fruit.  The yellow rose broke off when I was snipping them for my bouquet so I added it to the small plate of bananas.  Let's just say, no roses were damaged in the filming
of this shoot.  lol!


A close up of the pretty roses in this quilt.  I adore the fabrics!  Polka dots, checks, and flowers. . .what's not to love?


Although I really will not add sugar to my cereal I wanted to use my cute aqua melamine sugar bowl.  It brings out the little blue flowers in the quilt.  I spied it at a thrift shop and I couldn't snatch it up fast enough.  :)

 
I added Mock Orange blossoms to the bouquet of roses.  The blooms are huge, but weird thing; I can not smell that sweet orange blossom smell they are suppose to have.
 

Oh what a life!  Dining outdoors on such a beautiful day.  By the way, I am eating Life cereal.  Meant to be, don't you agree?

I shared a photo on Instagram and joined the # party.

 
When the fun was over and time to work the roses found a spot indoors.  It ended up being in the 90's and I heard on the news that it was in the 70's in the morning.  No wonder it was such a gorgeous morning!

Hope you are having a wonderful life!

hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Vintage Charm
Thoughts of Home
Share it One More Time

 

32 comments

Stacey said...

You're so talented Jann. This is adorable!!

Thanks for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. ;)

Joy Junktion said...

Oh My Gosh Jann, I want to jump through the computer and steal those beautiful red pieces! Red/polka dots/quilts/etc, all me!! Love this post! Glad you enjoyed putting together this fun and inviting place to sit a spell! Blessings, Cindy xo

Connie said...

Jann, you sure do know how to set a charming table. I love seeing quilts used for table cloths, although, I have never done it myself. I'm too afraid of staining something I worked that hard on. The fabrics in that quilt hit a home run in my decor . . . they work so well together. You are so talented girlfriend.
Happy weekend!
Connie :)

vivian said...

sweet! I love the quilt. Its so bright and cheerful. perfect for a summer morning breakfast picnic!
have a great weekend
xoxo
vivian

Tea in the Library said...

What a lovely setting. Food for the soul and body, a feast for the eyes.

Kim said...

What a lovely table to enjoy one's breakfast. Ooooh.....love, love your gorgeous quilt. Those roses are the exact shades in your lovely quilt. Your table is a vision splendid, Jann!

Linda W. said...

What lovely table decor! Your roses are beautiful!

GranthamLynn said...

Bright and cheery fun post. Loved this. I'll check out the Instagram party. Thanks for sharing.
BTW I linked another post. Check it out. It's a little different. I think you'll like it.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Jeanie said...

What a perfect setting, Jann. I really adore your cheery quilt table cloth and don't you think eating breakfast in a pretty dish makes it extra nice? I like that fire king bowl, too!

Happy weekend -- if this setting is any indication, you are already on your way!

Cindy Lou said...

I LOOOOOOOVEE your Quilt!!! It's on my bucket list ti make one like yours for my round table!!! It's the cutest fabrics EVER !!!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Jann, what a beautiful place to start your day! I love the cheery quilt and the beautiful roses. Up north we are getting a wonderful storm. We needed it. Have a wonderful weekend. xx Jo

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

What a perfect way to start the day!!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jann, what a cute cereal staging post you did with all your treasures! This needs to be on a commercial, it would be quite a cute vintage feel cereal moment for many. Might make the company sky rocket in sales even! I say go for it, send this to them!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Gina

20 North Ora said...

Lovely photos. Love that quilt.

Judy

Julie said...

That polka dot bowl and spoon is the cutest, Jann! Life cereal is one of my favorites ;)

Mary Ann Potterf said...

I love that polka dot Fire King bowl! What a lovely way to enjoy a meal outdoors --- pretty flowers and treasured pieces!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your little breakfast table. What a sweet quilt you made! I just posted a picture of my Orange Blossom tree on Instagram....I did not know about the # parties. How do you join? Also, after seeing your orange blossoms I think I am leaving out the beginning of the name Mock Orange Blossoms! I just love the tree and the flowers. It is my most favorite thing in the garden.

decorayadora said...

Hi dear Jann ,que lindas flores ,, ,, espetó que tengas un bendecido domingo junto a tus seres queridos
Cariños

Art and Sand said...

I love this post. If you recall, when I saw your pic on Instagram I said I would be right over. It all looks so welcoming.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

This is adorable Jann! I love polka dots and Life cereal:)!
Jemma

Katie Mansfield said...

Oh my. The polka dots are just too cute. I love your table setting. It's just darling.

Winnie said...

How beautiful! These red polka dots are calling my name :) And with these gorgeous roses - it's the perfect place to eat breakfast

Pat said...

Jann,
You, dear friend, continually amaze me!
The quilt on your out~of~doors table is absolutely beautiful!
Polka dot and gingham check gorgeous!
Your Garden flowers are breathtakingly beautiful!
Lovely spot to begin Life. . .in a Garden!
Fondly,
Pat

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh what a lovely way to enjoy morning breakfast! Beautiful summer quilt! Love how the colors in the quilt complement your setting :) The polka dot bowl is SO adorable and matches the spoon so prettily! Hugs, Poppy

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

So much eye candy here the setting, the flowers, and the beautiful quilt. Love the FireKing polka dot bowl. It was a lovely way to start the day. I need to brush up on my Instagram. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, your table and quilt have me swooning! I could sit for hours in that beautiful spot! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
رواد الحرمين said...


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالرياض
شركه عزل مائى بالرياض
شركة عزل حرارى بالرياض
شركة ترميم منازل بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالدمام
شركه عزل مائى بالدمام
شركة عزل حرارى بالدمام
شركة ترميم منازل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة ترميم منازل بالدمام
شركة صيانة منازل بالدمام



Online Training said...

great post and creative ideas. I am happy to visit and read useful articles here. I hope you continue to do the sharing through the post to the reader.

AWS Training

AWS Training Online

rocky said...

Its look beautiful your article. It's very nice content I like that your blog.
Python Training in Chennai | Certification | Online Training Course | Python Training in Bangalore | Certification | Online Training Course | Python Training in Hyderabad | Certification | Online Training Course | Python Training in Coimbatore | Certification | Online Training Course | Python Training in Online | Python Certification Training Course


Cyberz Pc said...

thank you for the weblog stuffed while for that reason many records. stopping by your blog helped me to make a get hold of of what i was searching out. Now my challenge has come to be as easy as ABC. Brothers Day Images With Quotes

Unogeeks said...

NICE BLOG.Oracle Fusion SCM Online Training

Instagram