Hidden Garden Tour

Hello my friends,
yesterday I had such a fun time attending the "Hidden Garden Tour"
 with some of my friends. 
 
It's always held the first weekend in June and yesterday's tour was one of the best they've had in years!
 
I thought I'd share a few photos from some of my favorite gardens.  But first I have to share this photo.
(not that I love the photo of me, but sure do love cute Saydee)!
And my Jupiters Beard is just gorgeous this year.  Maybe it will help take your eyes off of me.  (wink)
 
 
 I was babysitting our little granddaughter, Saydee for a few days; so I took her along with us.  She saw my hat sitting on the table ready for when we headed out the door, and asked, "Grammy, do you have a hat for me?"  I told her to go see what she could find in the dress up closet.  She came down with this one and 
kept it on most all day.  You can imagine that she got lots of compliments from other garden loving ladies!
 
 
The very first garden we toured had to be my favorite!  It was filled with lots of fun and whimsy.  Like this horse trailer painted red and an old wagon wheel.  It's no surprise that this red loving gal
was smitten!

 
 
 The chippy red pot housing that pretty pink rose had me swooning as well.
 
 
Fun signage on the side of one of their buildings.

 
This scale amongst the daisies is just WEIGH cute!  :)

 
Look at the size of that Peony.

 
 Saydee wanted a picture by this old building.
 
Now on to another pretty garden.  This one was much more formal, but so lovely!
 



There was literally a carpet of moss underneath two arbors.
 

 
Saydee found a garden friend.

 
There were water features in many of the gardens.  This was one of my favorites.  Just made you want to linger.



And of course we had to take this picture.  The roses matched Saydees's hat.  She even told me so.  Not the same shade of pink, but pink none the less.
 

 
Hope you enjoyed these gardens as much as I did!
hugs,
Jann
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 

35 comments

Tea in the Library said...

What a lovely day and I am sure you created memories you will both treasure.

Kim said...

I have enjoyed my walk through the gardens. Your Saydee looks so pretty in that oh-so-chic hat. Love that red horse trailer. I wouldn't mind one of those myself.

Rita C at Panoply said...

What great gardens, and your little assistant is a doll baby! I love Saydee in all her pictures (with you too, Grandma!). Even though my garden is traditional, I love all the chippy stuff too!

Bernideen said...

Dear Jann:
I loved all the photos but have to say I loved the fun and whimsy one. My garden is definitely headed in that direction these days!

Jeanie said...

I agree that the whimsical garden was really the must fun and creative, but really, they were all so very beautiful.

And so is Ms. Saydee! What a fun time to share together!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun time. Grandgirls are so sweet! Love the hats.

Susie said...

Jann, Please tell Saydee that I think she is the prettiest flower in the garden. I loved her hat. She may grow up to be a gardener. I could not believe how big that peony was. My gosh. Thanks for taking us along on the tour. You looked fabulous in your hat too. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Stacey said...

This looks like so much fun, Jann. Saydee is precious!

juve aríns said...

!Que preciosidad de peonías...!

Donna said...

Saydee may become a Master Gardener! She is adorable, but you already knew that...

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Oh Jan, I have an old blue horse trailer just like the red one at the farm cottage! What a great idea! Also just thought more storage in that thing!! We always need that! I can't believe its been sitting in the field and i could have been using it!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Nancy

Cindy Lou said...

Loved the farm garden! Your grandaughter is darling !

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What fun to spend time with your adorable Saydee, Jann! You're both so cute in your hats! I love the whimsical garden, too!

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

Thanks for taking me along on the tour. Saydee is adorable and I love her hat.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

That Saydee is just way too cute!!!! What a lovely way to spend the day - I love a good garden tour!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wonderful pics - what a wonderful day to spend with a wee princess. ♥

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love the gardens but more that you had such a sweet companion along for the day. Great pictures!

Kim said...

Beautiful and of course, what's a day in the garden without a hat! Smart (and adorable!) girl!! :)

Wendy Johnson said...

Beautiful gardens and Saydee! Looked like so much fun.

vivian said...

Ilove to see other peoples gardens. I myself am not a gardener. dont have the slightest clue. I have window boxes and potted plants and thats the extent of my gardening! lol! Great pictures and adorable grand daughter!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh what fun Jann! Saydee is just adorable and I love the hat she wore. That peonie is unreal- wow how large!

lynn cockrell said...

Jann, I love going on home and garden tours. I have not attended either for a very long time and your post makes me want to pay a visit to some of our local offerings.Your Saydee is beautiful!

Rose L said...

She is a cutie. lovely gardens

Linda W. said...

That first photo of you and your granddaughter is precious! She is a cutie and I love her hat!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love these photos!! Thank you for taking us on this amazing tour with you :)

Sandi Magle said...

Have missed garden tours this spring---we are so far behind, perhaps in a month. Loveland I too love red/rust/burgundy---may go out and paint a bucket just because of this post, LOL, Sandi

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, You both look so happy and what a treat to have her with you! What lovely pictures you shared with us! I love this time of the year!
Thinking of you... Hugs, Roxy

Connie said...

Dear Jann & Saydee, your garden tour was loads of fun! How nice that you were having this time to visit with each other and enjoy the sunshine. Saydee certainly knows how to pick a lovely hat and she looks so pretty in it.
Have a lovely week.
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...it looks like you and your granddaughter had a wonderful time together!! Loved your garden tour.
~Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

These gardens are both beautiful even though so very different. I think Sadee is adorable in her vintage hat and I like your hat as well. Have a great week Jann.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely walk, Jann. Love the roses and Saydee's hat does match the roses! I'm sorry you had trouble linking up. I really don't know what the problem is. You and Mimi are the only two that have mentioned it. I tried to get some answers from InLinkz but so far, haven't heard back from them. I guess we'll wait and see. Hope you're having a lovely June so far.

Blessings,
Sandi

Daniela said...

Your little granddaughter is far too sweet, my lovely Jann, and the gardens you've visited are all stunning, thanks most sincerely for sharing such beauty !

Enjoy the remainder of your week, sweet friend,
sending blessings of joy to you !

Always so very grateful

Xx Dany

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

She is just adorable!!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Jann,

Saydee is such a lil cutie.......aren't grands just the best, if I would
have known how much fun they were, we would've had them first!! lol
Course, I have to say I had a lot of fun with my kiddos too, but having
grands just takes the pressure off of the whole parenting thing.

All these roses have many swoony, I just love roses, but anymore so many
have no fragrance which is heartbreaking....

Have a lovely Friday and weekend,
Blessings, Nellie

Curtains in My Tree said...

Your daughter is adorable and those flowers are beautiful

Instagram