SEW Much Love!

Have you taken the time lately to stop and think about how loved you are?
 
And did you know that if you want to be and feel loved that you have to give and show love?
 
It truly is a continuous circle of giving and receiving.
 
I think that there is no truer saying than that of “Love makes the world go round!”.
 
I really do feel loved and it’s that thought that I had in mind when I decorated my kitchen table.
 
Vintage Sewing Machine Vignettte
 
When family and friends come to visit I feel their love. . .there’s nothing quite like a big hug and kiss from a grand!
 
Excites me almost as much as a vintage treasure.  JK!
 
I’ve had this vintage sewing machine for years.  It was in a sewing cabinet and I really had nowhere to display it so after storing it for 5 years I finally took it out of the case and I love using it in vignettes!
 
love the soft pink of this crochet sheen.
 
The vintage linen towel was found at an estate sale. Look closely at that needle.  Anyone know exactly what it was used for?
 
DSC00097
 
I pulled a couple of pincushions from my sewing room.  The sweet Battenberg one was a gift from my cousin, Betty and I bought the wool heart years ago at a fabric store.  It was love at first sight!  The pretty doily was another estate sale find.
 
DSC00096_edited-1
 
I corralled some luscious colored wooden spools of thread into a glass vase and tucked in a pair of vintage scissors.
 
DSC00098
 
I gathered the hearts I made together and placed them in my black and white dough bowl.
 
DSC00102
 
I recently picked up this roll of buttons on wire and thought it made the perfect garland to string throughout my ‘SEW Much Love’ vignette.
 
DSC00099
 
The wooden doll is a lavender sachet and a small pair of scissors are attached to the end.  I ordered these years ago from Lillian Vernon.
 
The cupid plate that I made years ago by Modge Podging fabric onto the back of a clear glass plate seemed to be perfect for this vignette. 
 
And yes, let’s add flowers. . .a few dried roses.
 
DSC00101
 
I filled the chippy red jar that I found earlier this week at a thrift shop with some of my vintage buttons.
 
DSC00100
 
DSC00103
 
DSC00107
 
My white linen tablecloth remains to be one of my favorites.  I love how it hangs.
 
DSC00106
 
DSC00105
 
I had Sew much fun putting this together and I hope you enjoyed it!
 
Wishing you “SEW much Love”!
 
hugs,

39 comments

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I "sew"adore this sweet vignette!! I just love vintage sewing machines. I have Joe's grandmother's up in my Craft room on display.....
Love those sweet hearts too!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you feel so loved as I do too. Isn't it so wonderful!?! I love your Valentine's Day decor so much!

Susie said...

Jann, This little vignette is truly adorable. I love the plate, the hearts and that old machine is a treasure. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

priscilla said...

Very pretty Jann ! Love your little hearts and the button garland !

Spittin-Toad said...

Sew beautiful!! I love the hearts...think I need to make some!! You always inspire me. :)
Hugs,
Denise

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Jann, I love this pretty post. Brings back wonderful memories. Hope you are staying warm;
Hugs
Mary

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
Truly I am in love with this Vignette,
it is delightful, precious, pretty, lovely and so sweet!
I am "sew," in love too!
Hugs,
Jemma

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Your vignette is so darling, you have so many lovely vintage pretties. Love does make the world go round. Some days I do need a reminder. XX Jo

Salmagundi said...

I can't imagine stringing all of those buttons on wire -- what an unique find!! All of the beautiful pink thread is just lusciousness on a spool. V-day is not a big holiday around here (we have birthdays, instead); but I sure enjoy your decorating for the day. Sally

kate steeper said...

my fatal weakness , vintage sewing machines

Lulu said...

I absolutely love the creative way you've put this post together. I can imagine you smiling your way through it~

Debby Ray said...

Jann, what a creative and beautiful vignette! I would have never thought to use an old sewing machine this way...how cool is this?! It reminds me of the one I learned to sew on...my mom's old treadle. I'd give almost anything to have it. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure my sister has it. Hmmm...wonder what I could bribe her with...?? :)

farmhouse-story said...

very charming, jann! love the buttons on the wire--too cute!

angie said...

dear jann, what great pictures and inspirations !!! love greetings from angie from Germany

Rose L said...

You are the Queen of vignettes!!You go to such an effort to change things up each month that I am in awe. Once I finally get all painting and decorating done I will be lucky to do seasonal, if that!!
If I were a neighbor, I would have you come each month to change things up a bit!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love it all, Jann! Yesterday I commented on your vintage Singer, but I see that I was wrong...so sorry! You have the sweetest items to display for Sew Much Love.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

You've got me wanted to pull out that vintage sewing machine I got at an estate sale I bought last summer. I have two, and old Singer and a Free Westinghouse. I want to get rid of one, but don't know which one. Wish I knew which one is better? Love your vignette, and I love pin cushions, and have a few myself. See you are inspiring me, hubs and I are just staring to updo one bedroom into a guest room and the other into a office/craft room. Love the buttons on a wire and picked up a bag of buttons today! Have a great night!

Fran. said...

Who would of thunk it!! A vintage sewing machine for a center piece on a dining table!! Well the awesome and beautiful Jann Olson that is who!! I gotta say this is probably one of my most very fav Valentine's decorating I have seen in a while!! Love it all and where did you get that button garland on wire? and also that red top jar is very jazzy!! THANKS for sharing I loved it SEW much!! XOXO Love Fran.

Anonymous said...

Jann, what a gorgeous tea towel. So delicate! Once my crafts are organized, I'm hoping to start sewing.

cynthia lee designs said...

I love old sewing machines...they just speak to my heart. Love the hearts you made and they look so good in the dough bowl. I have some hearts that I made and displayed them in an old sewing drawer.
~Cindy

Tamara said...

It's all so wonderfully vintage.. The little hearts that you made are so sweet. How fun it was to look at all of your careful details! Thank you.
Tamara

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Oh, how precious, Jann!! My sweet grandmother had a similar sewing machine that I hope to have someday. All the pieces reminded me of her, and inspired me to put some of her things out where I can see them. Thanks for a sweet little journey! ~Zuni

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a most beautiful and creative vignette. All the sentiments of it is truly very special.

Deanies Stash said...

The sewing vignette is gorgeous! I am so glad you left the red lid chippy!

Leovi said...

Wonderful photos with old sewing machine, I love hearts!

French pretties said...

Love your machine! So vintage and so nice!!!

Christine said...

The vignette is packed full of little treasures. It makes a statement.
Good job!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh Jann, I did SEW enjoy that post! So much to look at, loved it all!
Have a great weekend,
Gina

HWIT BLOGG said...

Oh I love your vintage machine! Lovely! You give so much inspirations with your blog...
Have a beautiful weekend,
Titti

Oliva Ohlson said...

What an adorable and artistic vignette you have created! From the sewing machine to the stringed buttons...so dreamy and lovely!

Patti said...

So lovely! Your machine in beautiful and the hearts and treasures are so pretty. You have inspired me to cut some of my hearts this year and make some pretty little hearts. I made lots of felt ones last year - but the vintage embroidery is just so sweet.

Tea in the Library said...

Love your innovative and fun vintage Valentine vignette(say THAT 3 times fast) Wise words my friend. Angels to you!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I so enjoy old sewing items. Love and thoughts as they were used so long ago. And I do adore your hears esp the girl in the hat!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Your vignette is SEW adorable. Loving the vintage Singer too. My father in law was a upholsterer and had many of these just wished I had taken one of them in his remembrance,

Junkchiccottage said...

Love your sewing vignette Jann so sweet. Love that little red chippy top jar for your vintage buttons. That jar is too cute.
Kris

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's all so beautiful. I love your hearts. xoox

Dana Bishop said...

I think the jar with the chippy lid has stolen my heart. Of course I'm sure that comes as no surprise, considering my recent obsession with jars. Seriously, everything you create is gorgeous and in your unique style. Do you feel all the love readers send your way? So many of us love you and what you do. But I'm sure you already know that and are grateful.

Hugs, Dana

Betty said...

Sew pretty!! Hugs, BettyJean

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, I love that cupid plate!! Nice job on that! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!

Instagram