White Fudge

Hello my friends,
 
I’m sure that many of you are like me when it comes to Christmas baking. . .we all have our favorites.
 
For our family it would be English Toffee, Chocolate Melt Aways, Caramels, and Turtles.  There are lots more that we make on our annual ‘Christmas Baking Day’, but these top the list.
 
Every now and then I like to try something new.
 
So was the case a couple years ago when one of my friends, Beth shared this recipe for White Fudge.
 
DSC00557
 
Some of you know that I am not a huge chocolate lover.  In fact, I can not even eat a piece of regular fudge unless it has lots of nuts to counter act the sweetness.
 
This fudge is super rich and so I add extra nuts for that same reason.  I usually like pecans, but the walnuts just seem to make this White Fudge.
 
DSC00556
 
Now before I give the recipe I’m going to share a little tip from my friend, Peggy.  So simple that you’ll be asking yourself, ‘why didn’t I ever think of that?”.
 
If you ever give fudge as a gift to neighbors or friends, do NOT cut it up into little serving pieces
.
Have you ever received fudge on a plate as a gift?  You eat one piece and then before you know it is all dried out.
 
Instead, cut your fudge into large chunks; wrap it up and gift it that way.  You can put it in a pretty box or whatever, but keep it large my friends!
 
They can cut it when they are ready to serve it.  If they are like me, they cut a little nibble at a time. lol!
 
DSC00558
White Fudge
Melt 1/4 c. butter in large pan.  Add 4 cups sugar and 1 pint of Sour Cream.
Bring to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from hear and add 7 oz. Marshmallow Cream, 1 Tbsp. Vanilla, 2 packages of white chocolate chips, and 2 cups chopped walnuts.
Pour into greased 9x12 pan.  Cool and enjoy!

This may become a favorite for you white chocolate lovers.  It may just not cut it for you chocolate lovers.
 
But then, you’ll never know if you don’t try.


 It’s gradually becoming a favorite of mine.

In fact, both hubby and I love Maple Nut fudge.  Thinking of trying a batch and adding maple. Might be YUM-O!
 
DSC00375
 
Off for another nibble, hee-hee!
 
Merry Christmas,

16 comments

NanaDiana said...

Jann- You have NO IDEA how tickled I am to get this recipe. I had a similar one years ago and lost it and have never been able to duplicate it. The sour cream is the "magic". I am saving this recipe to my files. Whooo Hoooo---thank you!!!!! xo Diana

Winnie said...

These are definitely calling my name :)
I LOVE white chocolate - and I wish I could have once of these now :)
Happy Holiday season Jann

Susie said...

Jann, Everyone is cooking and making things but me. LOL. I may make some cookies this week. I have been cleaning lots...it's a constant. Hope you are enjoying family and friends at this wonderful time of the year. Blessings to you and yours. xoxo,Susie

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I am SO going to try making this.

In the middle of my cut n decorate annual Christmas cookie baking right now - 150 cookies for my exchange, so not today unless I go back to the store for the ingreds, but def gonna make this. Sounds GREAT!

Thanks, Jann - big hugs.

Linda W. said...

That fudge looks wonderful!

angie said...

liebe jann, mmmh, sooo lecker!!!!!!! danke für die tollen bilder und inspirationen, liebe grüße von angie

Junkchiccottage said...

Yum Jann I am trying this one. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.
Kris

diane said...

what a wonderful recipe .... I don't believe I've ever had white fudge!
diane @ thoughts and shots

Tea in the Library said...

Good Morning! All these great Christmas posts have me so excited about Christmas and decorating. The Link Party is AWESOME. I am probably going to be reading Christmas posts through February .That will make the winter fly by. The Advent season is so hectic I look forward to post Christmas when I can slow down and really enjoy Christmas and all that it brings and means from the simplest to the most profound.
I can't find your email address but if you shoot me an email with your address I'll send you mind. Angels to you my friend, and a blessed day.

Kris said...

Yummy!,
XO Kris

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very different than what I have ever had! Looks yummy! Pinned!

Beth in NEPA said...

Jann, I am thinking I really must make some white fudge!!!!! It looks so good.

Lulu said...

I know your candy would be ever so good, but I'm trying really hard not to eat too much sugar during the holidays. I have such a hard time resisting.

farmhouse-story said...

i will have to give this recipe a try--don't think i've ever had white fudge--tfs, jann!!

Unknown said...

Jann,
I love all your Christmas vignettes throughout your house! My faves are your little cages with things inside them and your room with the red quilt! LOVE that! Have a great Christmas. I just made some white fudge last week, but I put red and green cherries in it....so good, huh?

Fran said...

I can not WAIT to make this...I am intrigued by using sour cream as an ingredient! Thank you for sharing! --Fran :)

Instagram