Thrift Finds Here and There Around the House

Hello my friends.  It’s day three of our ‘Creating Christmas’ party.  It has been so fun and if you missed any of the other guests post you MUST go see their fabulous Christmas!   Cecilia from  My Thrift Store Addiction is going to share how she uses thrift finds in her Christmas décor.

She’s so very creative and I’m sure there will be plenty of ideas for you and I!
Don’t forget to link up with Lynn and Alice if you haven’t already.
 
Creating Christas Image_thumb[8]
 
I love mixing thrift finds in with new here and there throughout my home.
I think this display with my shiny brites, a rustic bucket, and velvety soft deer has to be one of my favorites this year.  These thrift finds cost me less than $12.
 
DSC00270
 
And look at these two white beauties that I snagged just yesterday.  They were in the collectors case so a little more pricey,  $15 for the set of two.  Their plaid bows told me that they wanted to come home with me. lol!  I found the plaid tote last year and I added some festive greenery, a wintry spray, and berries to it.
 
DSC00492
 
I was so excited when I ran across this little tree topper for .75 cents!
 
DSC00474
 
I’ve never met a skate I didn’t like. I paid $5 for each of these.  Not at the same time, but years apart.  The little pair hanging on my sled is a child’s pair that I scored in WI while on vacation 4 years ago.  I love that they say, Lake Placid.
 
Skates
 
Finding vintage items in thrift stores just makes my heart soar!  Loved these little icy bells!
 
DSC00490
 
DSC00394
 
These lamb bookends made it into my living room mantle.  You can read about it here.
 
DSC00321
 
And this $2 sign was perfect for my outdoor theme in the bedroom.  It was awfully dirty when I ran across it, but nothing a little soap and water couldn’t fix.
 
DSC00478
 
I’ve used more of my shiny brites in a birdcage on the table along with a cake dome and red glass plate that were also thrift finds.
 
Thrifty Finds
 
In the living room a $2 gravy boat holds a bleached bottle brush tree.  They are housed in a cabinet made from old windows.
 
DSC00477
 
Found treasures are used here in a baking display in the kitchen.
 
DSC00483
 
Two vintage candles were snagged yesterday for $.75 each.  I love that they are a little time worn!
 
DSC00484
 
Little treasures displayed in a rustic pink cabinet.
 
DSC00485
 
 
Never enough vintage ornaments!  Never could I pass up a box of them at a thrift shop.
 
DSC00476
 
Imagine my surprise when I found this lying on a shelf for $.75 cents as well.  Not even her red boots or stole were missing.  Sweet Little Madame!
 
A Little Christmas Madame
 
And how could I resist a fun box of snow?  Love those graphics!
 
Snow Vignette
 
Anymore when I go to our local thrift store it is just packed with people.  It’s a wonder I find any thing.  But I’m happy to say that I never walk out empty handed!
 
How about you?  Any treasures lately?
 
hugs,
Jann
 
*Just a reminder that there will be no SYC this week.  I hope you will hop back over Thursday morning, (7a.m. MST) and link up your vintage Christmas!


33 comments

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, we have such similar taste--I always enjoy your thrifted treasures! Thanks for sharing at Have Yourself a Thrifty Little Christmas! Hugs, Cecilia

NanaDiana said...

Everything is so so so cute. I love that little velvety deer. He is just darling and that rag garland and your skates. You have done a wonderful job and I love it all! xo Diana

Creations By Cindy said...

Love all your thrift finds and how you used them! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Winnie said...

Beautiful thrift finds Jann - you certainly have the talent to find them!!
My favorites are definitely the lamb :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love vintage and thrifty and always enjoy your finds!
hugs,
Linda

Cranberry Morning said...

That is all so pretty! And I'm very partial to sheep. Love the pine swag on the window frame!

Melissa said...

Such fun finds!

Candy S said...

You have a wonderful collection of thrifty vintage holiday finds. The sheep are especially nice. I have the same pair of thrifted white deer that I found at the Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. A Fitz and Floyd Santa hoped into my cart this week. Thrifting can be so much fun. I will have to hook up my last tablescape of mostly thrift store buys tomorrow.

Pamela Gordon said...

You have found so many sweet vintage Christmas ornaments Jann and have them displayed beautifully. I love vintage Christmas and have some things scattered around too. I couldn't believe the prices of them at the antique store the other day though. Yikes!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I just loved your vignettes, Jann! I am done decorating my house but you did wonders... you have a great eye for vintage!

~Jillian

Diana said...

Wow, such amazing thrifted finds, Jann! Your mantle is to die for--that mirror is just terrific and I love the monochromatic whiteness of it all. Nice job :)

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
Lovely treasures and I must say, I have never met a pair of ice skates I haven't like either! I saved my pair forever and then gave them away a few years back-wish I hadn't.
Enjoying Christmas on your blog so much!
Hugs,
Jemma

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Nothing is greater than using what has been used before. I really love what you have been, so beautiful! XX Jo

JP said...

I love vintage nostalgic displays and you have quite a collection. The Madame Alexander doll really brings back a ton of memories!Enjoy your holiday's!

priscilla said...

Love all your thrifty Christmas decorations Jann ! Such a cute Madame Alexander doll !

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love your sheep with the cotton. My spouse was driving past a cotton field, but we couldn't stop to take a photo. It's the only kind of "snow" we see around here. xoxo

angie said...

danke für die tollen bilder und inspirationen, liebe grüße von angie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I want to come over....let's see...I would first try to get those tape tins....those are fantastic! I love the doll....oh, I forgot, you are not having a sale!!! Nutz! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I just bet your grandkids eye everything you place around the house and are in awe.... icy bells I love too...perfect!

Hugs

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Love all your thrifted treasures. You have such a sweet amount of fun decor items. Very cute.
Kris

Rose L said...

I eventually find my ornaments but still unpacking. I often do find treasures when I go out. It is fun! And often I see things and think of you!

Susie said...

Jann, You have so many wonderful vintage things. I love the old ornaments so much. Also the deer with the neckwear. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Lady of the Manor said...

Love all of your vintage Christmas!! I remember having lots of those at our home when I was a kid!! Guess that makes me 'vintage,' too. lol

Gina said...

I love your vintage Christmas items! I haven't been shopping for any treasures lately. :(

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I also love everything you found my friend. The vintage C'mas items and ornies are lovely and yes, I would have taken all too!
Hugs,
FABBY

Heaven's Walk said...

Jann - your vignettes are so incredibly adorable! Love them all!

xoxo laurie

Audrey said...

Hi Jann ... you have so much talent for putting it all together to make it beautiful and interesting.
I love your mantel with the sheep and the awesome architectural piece. Really enjoying the Creating Christmas link party.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

cynthia lee designs said...

Love all your vignettes!! Your mantel is beautiful!!
~Cindy

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I love your vignettes and these are no exceptions! I have the same two white deer you have, except mine were wounded and are down in the emergency room run by Dr. C. I love greens in the galvanized bucket! Ps..I still envy your lamp photo

farmhouse-story said...

wonderful finds, jann! and you know just how to fit them into adorable vignettes! LOVE that darling tree!

LL Farm said...

Such great finds! I love finding someone else's 'trash' and making it a 'treasure'. Merry Christmas!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I just love your decorating style and all of your finds. I would grab any of those if I saw them in a thrift store. Amazing what people donate to thrift stores isn't it? good for us!

Tanya Rachelle said...

Love the skates! The quilt and bed is just beautiful!!! Thanks for inspiring me!
~Tanya

Instagram