Meet Beatrix Potter. . .

Oh my, what a fun day I had today!

Star Mill Antiques held a Beatrix Potter Festival.

015

Arriving there around 10:00 this is what we saw.

040

2011-08-27

We could hardly wait to get out of our vehicles and start the hunt.

004

My friends Peg, and Kathy with Connie in the middle.  Connie works at the Mill and was the inspiration for this entire ‘Potter's Party’Let me tell you, this lady does nothing minimally.  She goes all out!

2011-08-272

005001

Two of my many treasures.  An old lamp, it has a cast iron base; and A tartan plaid aqua colored tin.  You know I love my aqua!

003

Not only did we have so much fun at the flea market, but we got to meet Beatrix.

009

And her sweet bunny...

012

Inside the Mill Miss Potter had a table set for a spot of tea and crumpets.

Collages1

I painted the wooden animals years ago. When I saw that they were holding this festival I loaned them for their decor. Don’t they look right at home on their festive table. As usual, naughty Peter is hiding behind the cabbage bowl.

And no table would do without a chandelier hanging near by.  A carrot chandy no less.

025

They are hard to see, but Beatrix even brought along 3 of her pet mice.

034

You know that they would be in 7th heaven if they got loose in that Mill!

I am sure that you would like to meet Daniel, the shopkeeper.  Notice the star on his shirt?

026

And take a peek inside his wonderful Mill.

This is his fabulous ‘WHITE ROOM’

My entry way pillar and the chandelier hanging from my pergola came out of this room.

029

028

Another of Connie's creations. You never know how this mannequin will be dressed.  Each time you visit she adorns a new gown.

030

032

Now can you see why I love shopping here for vintage treasures?

There is so much more to his shop, but I thought I might do an entire post on it at a later date.

Maybe when It is all decked out for Halloween or Christmas.

I wanted to end with two new vintage sprinklers that I picked up to add to my collection. Love them!!

039

Oh, and be sure and check back.  I am going to be posting the three wonderful gardens that were in the tour.  I guarantee, you won't want to miss!

I will be linking this post with:

Little Red House for Mosiac Monday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Chari at Happy to Design

26 comments

Diane Writes said...

In the Philippines, yard sales are not popular. I think I've never seen one yet. It's only from my blogger friends where I managed to see one. I love the objects in the pictures. How I wish someday I could visit for myself and experience a real yard sale. Have a great weekend!

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

What a fun day you had!
Thanks for sharing with us!!
♥'s
Sherry

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Fun day!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann

A very nice way to spend the day with friends and
shopping at the mill!! Great Treasures!

All the Best,
Christine

Sonia said...

Hi.. this is my first visit to your blog...just delightful! I love big barns and sales!! Looking forward to fall like weather..I see a few items that could get me in the mood for that! Thanks for you sweet visit and I'm your newest follower.

Miss Bloomers

Honey at 2805 said...

This looks like such a fun festival!

I'm excited that you plan to join Potpourri Friday! Link up will start on Thursday afternoon. See you then!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That looks like a fantastically fun day!!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Looked like a fun festival with lots of treasures to bring home.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

looks and sounds like a fun day - thanks for sharing.

Kim, USA said...

Oh my I can spend the whole day in this place ^_^

Shades of Yellow

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looked like a fantastic place to browse and shop ..I can see why you like it so much. "Beatrix Potter" looked very sweet.

Kris said...

Wow...what fun!!!

Lorrie said...

What a fun place to visit - and shop!

Pondside said...

What a gorgeous place! I could see myself spending hours there.

My name is Riet said...

WE don;t have yardsales but it would be wonderful to have them. What a fun day you must have had and also find some stuff you like.
Have a nice day

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh my what a glorious day !!! The bright blue sky and what TREASURES!! Lucky you!! Wishing you well! Cathy

Old Time Cindy said...

What a wonderfully fun time! Love your blog so I’ve passed ‘The Versatile Blogger’ award on to you in my post today at http://oldtimepickers.blogspot.com/2011/08/am-i-versatile.html. Have a pickin’ cool day!

Cindy@OldTimePickers

Snap said...

What a fun day! I love the posters with the *pot* hat! Great place. Looking forward to seeing more!

Anonymous said...

Well Jann we had a real fun day. Were just getting picking in our blood. I love all my great finds and anyone that didn't go really missed out. Until next time...........JO JO

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't know where to begin! YOU look fabulous and so do your friends! This looks like something I would love to go to...and spend the day! I'm going back to look at everything again! Is that an orange watering can? OH MY! And I'm going to put your blog in my list of favorites so that I don't miss anything else! ♥

A Garden of Threads said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Many treasures just waiting for someone to find. Thanks for stopping by. Take care and have a great week:)

Peg said...

It was so fun. Loved every minute of it. Love the movie, Miss Potter, it is so good. So happy that I won it.

Unknown said...

So neat! I have some of her art prints. I will have to show them on a blog someday.Thanks

Martha said...

What a great idea for a festival!!!! It looks like you got some lovely treasures! I want one of those sprinkles to hang on my potting shed as a "wreath"

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Jann...

What fun! I would have loved going to the Beatrix Potter festival! What a great shop too! Oooh...I know that I could find me some treasures there! Hehe! I love the old lamp post that you got...awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your day's adventures with us for the Sunday Favorites party!

Hope you're having a wonderful Labor Day weekend, my friend!
Chari @Happy To Design

Bunny Jean said...

Hi, came by via Chari's and I'm glad I did cause I am now following you.

Looks like you saw a lot of great things. Love Peter Rabbit... but then I LOVE bunnies ;)

I have a Bunny Hop party every Wednesday, and you are most welcome to join!

xoxo Bunny Jean
@ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
(my MAIN blog)

Instagram