Smalls

Mike and Frank from the show “American Pickers” refer to smaller items that they pick as SMALLS.

Last weekend I went to St. George for the Home Shows. The homes were not near as good as usual, but I found a few smalls.

Here are my D.I. treasures.

IMG_0663

A pair of vintage hen & rooster salt and pepper shakers. They even had their stoppers. Now that’s something to crow about!

IMG_0659

I found this in one of the specialty cases. It was standing up and at first I thought that it was a toy stove. When I had it taken out to look at I realized that It is a child’s accordion. SWEE-EE-EET! Guess what? It really works. Best find of the day, I think!

IMG_0660

Wasn’t sure what I would do with this jar. Of course, I couldn’t pass it up, it’s turquoise! Just sat it on my fireplace hearth for now. Guess that this really wouldn’t be a smalls, maybe a mediums.

I didn’t find much at Urban Renewal. Now, that’s a first.

IMG_0664

I did buy this rustic pink metal pot. I love the weathered look.

IMG_0665

I took this pic so that you could see the scallop edge.

IMG_0662

Vintage tea cup and saucer. Sweet little turquoise flower.

We stopped in at T.J. Maxx and more. You can not go to St. George and pass up this store.

Wow, I was a good girl and did not buy much.

I spent $35 and my friend spent over $600. She bought a whole new bed ensemble and a bunch of pillows and accessories for her master bedroom and bathroom It is going to be so dang cute!

IMG_0661

This yellow bird just had to come home with me. I have a bird fetish! My friend, Joyce calls me the bird woman from Alcatraz.

IMG_0666

It was the twig basket that got my attention with this cute Easter décor.

I also bought a small garden étagère. Forgot to snap a pic so I will post it later when I place it in the garden.

Even though it rained all day Saturday, and the homes weren’t great. It was fun to see the 3 and 4 million dollar ones, (unreal). There was only 1 or 2 homes that had décor that I really liked.

Just getting away, spending time with friends, and finding my smalls (and a few mediums) made it worth the trip!

4 comments

Peg said...

"You're killing me, smalls." Do you know where that is from? Sounds like good times in the George.

Anonymous said...

Jann Sounds like you had a great time. You always find the best treasures. You just have an eye for finding them. Always love to go shopping with you. Your the best cuz!!!!

thedailygleim said...

Hi Jann, I totally have that turquoise vase (see mini photo on the left) it's one of my favorites!

~heather

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Heather,
Yes, that is the same vase. Don't you love the color? Thanks for sharing your other cute blue vases. I love all of them. Hope I can find some more like them at perhaps another D.I. Ha-ha, how could one be so lucky.

Instagram